The Lutheran Church believes:
- God is the Triune God of the Bible – Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- The Bible is the Word of God. It not only contains, but actually is God’s Word and the only source of revealed truth concerning Christ, faith, and salvation by which the Church is governed.
- The Church is the body of all believers in Christ who are reborn by the Holy Spirit and brought to faith in Jesus Christ through the Gospel.
- Faith in Jesus Christ is the gift of God to man through which he is declared righteous before God and forgiven of all his sins.
- Man, though created holy and innocent, by his own choice, fell into sin, thus separating himself from God.
- Sin is every transgression of God’s law and leads man to death and eternal damnation unless he is redeemed.
- Redemption is the act of God revealed in the Bible and proclaimed by the Church whereby Jesus Christ, the Son of God, born of the Virgin Mary, died for the sins of the world and rose again from the dead to prove our redemption.
Would you like to hear more about what we believe? Attend an Adult Information Class!
Twice per year, Pastor Reedy teaches an Adult Information Class. This class introduces and reviews the main teachings of the Bible as well as prepares participants for Confirmation and reception of Holy Communion. Contact the church office at 210-824-8748 for more information.