Join us for a Celebration of Christian Education!
What is Celebration Sunday? Celebration Sunday is held the last weekend in August or the first weekend in September. This is our big “kickoff” event for fall Bible studies! During the Education Hour (9:45-10:45 am) we hold a big opening celebration in the gym followed by an open house for all classes so that parents can meet the teachers and find a class to attend themselves. In the evening (5:00-7:00 pm) is our annual church picnic and entertainment (anything from a variety show to a dunk tank, depending on the year!). You do not want to miss this exciting day!
Sunday, August 28th, 2016
- 8:30am Worship
- 9:45am Education Hour Kickoff in the Gym
- Recognition of teachers
- Attendance awards (PreK-12th grade)
- 10:15am Education Hour Open House
- Adult classes: preview upcoming class content
- 1st-12th grade & parents: meet the teachers & visit classrooms
- PreK-K & parents: meet the teachers & see the classroom
- 11:00am Worship
- 5:00pm Annual Church Picnic—Bring a side dish or dessert to share (main course provided)
- Live music in the gym
- Bounce house and playground for young children